With the Governor’s orders restricting in-person gatherings, we have unfortunately had to cancel our traditional August General Meeting scheduled for Saturday, August 22 at the Firehouse.
But as many other organizations have done, we’re adapting to current conditions and have video recorded the meeting for you to view at your convenience — with the idea of maintaining as much of the content and flavor you’ve come to expect from these meetings. See the video #1 below.
This also gives us the opportunity to expand on the information-sharing part of our mission. Below you’ll also find two filmed interviews addressing very important and current issues in Surf City.
Video #1: SCTA August General Meeting
Below, you can view the Board presentation portion of the meeting. We cover:
- Board member introductions and current status of the organization;
- Treasurer’s report on the the group’s finances;
- Update on membership numbers and donations;
- Review of recent activities held (including Sand Sculpture pictures — a meeting favorite);
- And a summary of upcoming events and activities.
Video #2: Status of Covid-19 on LBI – Interview with LBI Health Officer Dan Krupinski
- Learn about…
- Work that the LBI Health Department does on behalf of all 6 LBI municipalities, including Surf City;
- Current status of Covid-19 cases on LBI;
- Contact Tracing and how the Department is handling this;
- And, the impact of Covid-19 on businesses and the schools and what is being done on both those fronts.
- Links (see below the video) for those seeking additional information on Covid-19 related issues.
In the links below provided by Dan, you can find additional information:
List of testing sites: Ocean County is still doing testing at Ocean County College, Mon, Weds, Fri, 9-12 but u must make appointment.
No prescription or symptoms required.
Case Demographic Info
State Covid Dashboard
Video #3: Current Status of Flooding Issues in Surf City
We talk with Rick Bushnell, Founder of ReClam the Bay who addresses:
- What is the current situation, why and where does flooding happen in Surf City?
- What work is now being done to remediate flooding?
- Thoughts and recommendations on how to do more to reduce town-wide flooding;
- How to contact Rick if you have specific flooding issues, concerns or want to volunteer to help;
- Where to get more information on the issue of flooding in Surf City.
Here are links referred to in the video:
To see the SCTA writeup — prepared in conjunction with Rick — that summarizes the current state of flooding in Surf City and offers resources to get informed click here to find it and download it
If you would like to contact Rick directly, click here to email him: email@example.com .
To see other flooding resources that Rick refers to in the interview, click her to go to ReClamTheBay.org
If you are not a member of SCTA (and do not get our emails), you can join by clicking this link.