New Procedures Worked Out for Homeowners Seeking Boat Ramp Passes

We received several complaints last year pertaining to boat ramp passes for vessels where the vessel was in one spouse/partner’s name, and the property in Surf City was in the other’s name.  In order to help resolve this, the Borough of Surf City has agreed to issue passes where the property and vessel are in different names under the following conditions:

* Both parties must be present at Borough Hall when the pass is requested.

*Both parties must show proof of ID, as well as the trailer and vessel registration.

*Both parties must sign an affidavit stating that the owner of the vessel has a financial interest in the property.  This affidavit will  be notarized at the same time.