Town Hall Meeting – Saturday 8/25, 10 a.m. at the Firehouse
Join us at the Firehouse this Saturday, August 25th for our annual Town Hall Meeting. We will be covering two main topics:
- Property Tax Reassessment. We’ll walk through the process, the Borough Plan and what you can expect over the coming months. You’ll also be able to get your questions answered during a Q&A session with our guest speaker,Surf City Tax Assessor Walter Higgins.
- Town Beautification. Learn about the vision for our Town Beautification Initiative and offer your input and ideas!
Light breakfast at 9:45 a.m. Meeting begins at 10:00 a.m. Read below for more details.
Meeting Topic #1: Property Tax Reassessment
- Square footage of property and structures
- Proximity to ocean or bay or commercial property
- Amount of street traffic
- Interior and exterior features and amenities
- Will this process cause my taxes to go up?
- Why do you have to come inside of my house?
- What do I do if I don’t like my assessed value?
- How long does it take for field inspector to evaluate my property?
Meeting Topic #2: Town Beautification Initiative
Our aim is to create a community-wide initiative to make Surf City the most attractive and inviting town on LBI. And we are looking for your feedback, ideas and involvement. This will be a multi-year effort requiring a partnership between residents, business owners and the Borough. During this session, we’ll present our vision and will give you the opportunity to provide your input on priorities and ideas. Please join us!