After the successful, sold out inaugural event in 2019, we are pleased to announce an expanded event for 2021!
Here are the details:
What: “Taste of Surf City” is an SCTA, members-only cocktail party. Heavy hors d’oeuvres, beer and wine will be served — all from Surf City merchants.
When: Thursday, September 23, 2021, from 5:00pm to 8:00pm.
Where: Surf City Yacht Club, 399 N. 9th Street
Who’s eligible to attend:
- SCTA members who have joined and paid dues no later than August 15, 2021.
- Members who purchase tickets by Sept 10, 2021 — pending availability (meaning, while tickets are still available; the 2019 ticket supply did sell out prior to the event).
- SCYC capacity is limited to 300 people, so we can only accomodate 2 people per member household — aged 21 or over.
- For those wishing to have more than 2 household members, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. If we have cancellations or openings, we’ll alert you via email.
What is the cost: Tickets are $25 per person. This not a fundraiser and SCTA will not break even on this event. Merchants offer their goods at a loss — or are donated as a salute to the community.
How to get tickets: If you are a paid SCTA member by August 15, 2021, you can purchase tickets in 2 two ways:
- Click on the green button below and purchase your tickets online, using a credit card:
- Click on the blue ticket form below, print it, fill it in and mail it with your check.
If you are not yet a member or have not yet paid your 2021 dues, you can do so by clicking here. Please do so by August 15, 2021. Then you can return to this page to order your tickets for Taste of Surf City.
Here is the form you can click on, print and mail in with your check:
Which merchants will be participating: We are in the process of finalizing 2021 participants. Here is the merchant list from 2019:
- Anchor Produce
- Anchor Wine & Spirits
- Baked on the Beach
- Blue Claw
- Country Kettle Fudge
- How You Brewin
- Little Bite of Italy
- Mario’s Italian Market
- MKT Eatery
- Shore Fire Grille
- The Cheese Shoppe
- The Sandbox
Here are a few of the comments sent to us by those who attended the event in 2019:
- “Thank you for organizing it and for holding an event where businesses and community can share and get to know each other.”
- “Fabulous night, great talking with neighbors, business community went way above my expectations. Thank you for organizing, can’t wait to do it again next year!”
- “Thanks so much for arranging this lovely event. It was so well organized; the food was delicious and an amazing group of people came together in friendship. It was a perfect evening. Looking forward to next year’s event.”
- “Thank you for all of the hard work to put on this event! We met a lot of people we didn’t know before. The venue, the food and refreshments were super. Great job!”
The 2019 event, held in the upstairs portion of the Yacht Club with a capacity of 150, was a sold out affair. For 2021, we’ve expanded the event and will be taking over the entire club — with double the capacity (now 300). As our membership has grown significantly since 2019, if you’re interested in attending, we encourage you to purchase your tickets soon!