Plan to be in Surf City on Saturday June 25 for the first ever Surf City Community Day
On Saturday, June 25th, The Surf City Taxpayer Association (SCTA) will sponsor the first ever “Surf City Community Day”.
The event is designed to bring all facets of the community together to showcase all that makes Surf City special for homeowners, visitors and shoppers of all ages.
- Click here to jump to an overview of the “25 Activities on June 25”
- Click here to jump to a list of the “Day of Deals, Discounts, Freebies and Activities” (must show a Community Day Wristband, available starting at 12:30 on the 25th, at the Firehouse, to be eligible.
- Click here to jump to a list of the 7 Sweepstakes Prize Packages (you can put your ticket in the package you want most).
- Click here to see a fuller explanation of all 25 Activities.
25 Things To Do June 25
The day starts with our Annual Meet The Mayor Meeting (coffee at 9:45 AM, meeting begins at 10:00 AM). All other activities go from 12:30 to 5:00 PM unless otherwise noted. Bring your family and guests to the first ever Surf City Community Day.All activities are in the Firehouse Parking Lot, or under The Big Tent there, unless otherwise noted.
Here are the merchants participating with Day of Deals, Discounts and Other Activities
At the Firehouse, there are 7 Community Day Sweepstakes Prize Packages. They total over $2300 in value, all from Surf City merchants.
Once you register, you’ll receive a Sweepstakes ticket and can use it to win any of the following:
If you prefer to read about the full list of activites, see below.
- Hear about the State of the Borough at Meet the Mayor Meeting at 9:45 inside the Firehouse
- Starting at 12:30, register and get your Map/Schedule of Events & Deals at The Firehouse. All events are open to the public and free of charge. SCTA members get a Community Day Wristband (entitles you to “Day of Deals and Discounts” at local merchantsand) and a Sweepstakes ticket FREE. Wristbands for all others are $10 with proceeds benefiting Surf City Fire/EMS.
- Shop up and down the Boulevard with your Community Day Wristband (Day of Deals and Discounts are not typically offered and are good June 25 only)…pop into your favorite shops and establishments and visit those you’ve never had time to investigate. Check out the free activities and free stuff some merchants are offering.
- Enter a Community Day Sweepstakes with prizes totaling over $2300, including a free bike, all from Surf City merchants.
- Hear one of LBI’s best musicians perform — Dan Brown from 1:00-4:00 pm
- Let your kids “bounce around” in the big Bounce House
- Get your bicycle registered with SC Police; registration helps if your bike is lost or stolen.
- Get your bicycle inspected (and tires filled up with air) at the Surf Buggy Tent.
- Get a tour of our Fire Company’s equipment (yes, a real fire engine). Learn how to become a Fire/EMS volunteer.
- Take a tour of a Surf City Police Car and talk with our Borough’s finest
- Get an ID card made by your Surf City Police for your kids that can help them if lost
- Get a balloon twisted for your kids
- Your child can have their face painted or a temp tattoo to celebrate the day (also they can make a request of the Balloon Twister)
- Learn how to change your vote in New Jersey to Surf City if you don’t yet vote here
- Meet the Friends of the Ocean County Library and get 10 free note cards if you sign up to become a member
- Get a coupon for a free book at the Friends of The Ocean County Library Table
- See your Surf City Beach Patrol in action…see simulated rescues, learn about beach safety and participate in a Q&A at the 7th Street Beach at 2:30
- Play cornhole with and against friends and neighbors
- Eat and drink well at merchants offering Day of Deals & Discounts on LBI Blvd.
- Learn about Barnegat Bay at the ReClam the Bay demonstration. Touch baby clams and oysters and learn how they help keep the bay clean.
- See REAL magic tricks from a Street Magician
- Learn about becoming a SC Fire/EMS volunteer
- Learn about challenges to the coastal watershed at the Alliance for a Living Ocean demonstration
- Invite and meet up with friends, families and neighbors and share your pride in Surf City.
- Join SCTA (and meet our board members); plus, get a free wristband that entitles you for lots of “Day of Deals” around town (and gets you a free Surf City Sweepstakes ticket)
Meet your friends and neighbors, local merchants and organizations…and share your Surf City pride by participating in Surf City Community Day.