We are pleased to announce the first-ever Surf City Community Day — our “Welcome to the Summer of 2022”.
Please see the full description below for information…and check for updates at Surf City Community Day – SurfCityTaxpayer.com
For now, make your plans to be in town for this sure-to-be exciting day, showing off all that Surf City has to offer!
Surf City Community Day To Showcase All That The Borough Has to Offer
On Saturday, June 25th, The Surf City Taxpayer Association (SCTA) will sponsor the first ever “Surf City Community Day”.
The event is designed to bring all facets of the community together to showcase all that makes Surf City special for homeowners, visitors and shoppers of all ages.
The event will serve as a “Welcome to the Summer of 2022”; those who come to town will be treated to a host of activities for the whole family, put on by Surf City organizations and merchants throughout the Borough.
The day kicks off with the annual “Meet the Mayor Meeting”, with coffee at 9:45; meeting begins at 10:00 am at the Firehouse.
All other Community Day activities run during the hours of 12:30 to 5:00 pm. Registration and all activities are at the Firehouse unless otherwise noted. Activities include:
- “Day of Deals” and activities at Surf City Boutiques, Restaurants, Food and Coffee Shops up and down LBI Blvd.
- Music by Dan Brown, at the Firehouse
- Face Painting, Balloon Twisting, Bounce House and a Street Magician
- Bicycle Inspections and Registration
- Fire Engine and Police Car Demonstrations; Fire/EMS Recruitment
- Demonstrations by ReClam The Bay and Alliance for a Living Ocean
- Sweepstakes, with Prizes from Surf City Businesses totaling over $2300 (including a free bike!)
- Surf City Beach Patrol Safety and Rescue Demonstration at the 7th Street Beach at 2:30pm.
- Voter Information (and how to move your vote to Surf City)
- Cornhole Games
- Information and coupons for a free book at a table for The Friends of the Ocean County Library
The Firehouse parking lot will serve as the headquarters for the day; people can register there and get a map of all the day’s activities, merchant deals and entry forms for The Community Day Giveaway, with prizes courtesy of local merchants (prizes valued at over $2300, including a free bicycle).
Activities are open to all LBI and nearby residents and visitors. There is a $10 charge for a wrist band to gain access to merchant deals, with proceeds going to the Surf City Fire/EMS. All other activities are free of charge. Surf City residents can also join/renew SCTA membership at special tables; paid members gain access to Day Of Deals and an entry form for Sweepstakes prizes, at no charge.
For the latest information on activities and Merchant participation when it is published, click here Surf City Community Day – SurfCityTaxpayer.com
For Surf City merchants that have yet to submit their Day-Of Deals, you can reach out to the Surf City Business Cooperative at email@example.com.
For others seeking more information about the day or about SCTA, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.